While jogging I saw a very old man eating an ice cream and enjoying his time in the park. It made my wonder all through my jog that the joy of happiness is in such small things and yet people find it in all the big things, they keep on pursuing things that they become salve of, the statement is “If I get ____________ I will be happy”. But alas this statement never comes, man keeps on striving things for the happiness and in all this totally forgets to enjoy the moment and be happy at the current situation. The law of happiness is very simple, the person who strives for the happiness, gets it. But if a person strives for all the material things and thinks that they will give him some happiness then that’s the worst mistake a person can do. We are wired to experience happiness, but we keep on hitting the wrong buttons in our effort to turn our happiness on. The external circumstances or the martial things cannot bring us happiness it is something that has to be experienced from the inside. Studies have shown it again and again that the happiness levels between rich people and average-income people are not that different. Happiness can be learned and then like any other skill it can be crafted to perfection. Happy people are active not passive. The over all positive energy brings forth the perfect happiness in a man. But for happiness to happen you have to find the “push”. You have to overcome the entropy and lack of movement that has dominated you for so long. You have yo “do something”. So how will you do that..
- Building deep relationships and community: happy people belong to a support group and have structured times of getting together with friends and family and nurturing those relationships.
- They are involved in growth activities: they see coach or a consular or attend to some kind of growth group.
- Pursuing Goals: Happy people have physical, financial, vocational, professional or other goals they’re working on.
- Serving others: They have found meaningful ways to give their time and talents.
- Nurturing a spiritual life: Happy people devote time to spiritual activities such as prayer, meditation and religious studies.
- Exercising and stating healthy: These people have some sort of routine that they follow to stay active and pursue a healthy life style.
- Practicing Gratitude: They regularly practice gratitude to God and others around them.
- Pursuing activities they love: they find their passions and pursue them.
- Stretching themselves: Another awesome trait of happy people is that they look for activities and goals that push them to be all they can be.
- Resolving pain and conflicts: whether in relationships or in their own souls, happy people do not avoid problems but so what is necessary to heal them.
These concepts have been taken from the Happiness manifesto that I am currently writing. God willingly the due date in March 25th.
Stay Blessed and Awesome