I write this while I am on my farm, and the picture describes where I like to write while on farm, the roof with awesome view.
I have always been a late riser and my mornings always passed in hurries because I woke up late and than couldn’t do anything properly. I did not have proper breakfast, nor did I offer my prayers in short my start to the day was terrible, the reason was that I slept late without any reason, I thought that sleeping late would make me look “cool”, but this all changed 3 months back, I started different projects for which I needed to be active and give specific times. While having coffee with Mohammad khan (I discuss all my productivity issues and awesome ideas with him) I asked him that I need to be more productive and somehow I try a lot but my work is lagging behind and he casually with a smiling face said that morning’s are the best time to get your things done, try it as an experiment. I took this challenge and started waking up early. The starting 4,5 days were lazy and I felt my sleep lacking but then it all started getting better. And now Alhamdulillah I have become an early riser and my life is becoming better. In these three months I have been cataloging my different patterns and the summary I have created is the 5 benefits.
1. Greet the day. I love being able to get up, and greet a beautiful new day. I suggest creating a morning routine that includes saying your prayers. I’m inspired by the Dalai Lama, who said, ” Everyday, think as you wake up, ‘today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can.’ “
2. Amazing start.
I used to get up late as usual and was in a constant hurry to get ready for the university eat breakfast and hit the road. Now, I have a renewing morning routine, I’ve gotten so much done before 8 a.m. I feel so energized and wanting to conquer the world
3. Breakfast. Rise early and you actually have time for breakfast. I’m told it’s one of the most important meals of the day. Without breakfast, your body is running on fumes until you are so hungry at lunchtime that you eat whatever unhealthy thing you can find. Plus, eating breakfast while reading my book and drinking my coffee in the quiet of the morning is exceedingly more enjoyable than having something down on the way to work, or at your desk.
4. Productivity. Mornings, for me at least, are the most productive time of day. I like to do some writing in the morning, when there are no distractions, before I check my email or blog stats. I get so much more done by starting on my work in the morning.
5. Exercise. It is a simple fact that when you exercise in the morning all of your morning you would feel fresh plus there is no tension of exercising in the evening because most of the time some important commitments rise in evening, those that can never be in the morning. Now a day I do stretch exercises but soon God willing a 3-4 mile run would be included in the morning routine.
How to make your self-get up early:
- Start by getting up 10 or 15 minutes early that your normal time.
- Put your alarm clock far from your bed (then you would actually have to “getup” to put the alarm off)
- As soon as you get up drink lots of water, it refreshes you instantly.
- Sleep early. If you are not in a mood to sleep lie on your bed and start reading a book and sleep will come early
- Reward yourself. If you are waking up early in a week than on weekend go and treat your self with a good breakfast and coffee (Gloria jeans my favorite )
Updates from my site I have started writing a manifesto on happiness, how to be more happy which will be free for all my lovely subscribers .